Next Drop off Opportunity: By appointment – Contact Martin Rosas
18081 West Road, Houston, TX 77095.
Hurricane Laura Response: Supplies and Donations
SUPPLY DONATIONS can be dropped off at the church at the above times in the Narthex. Please call the Church Office to schedule a drop off of supplies outside of this time. More drop off times will be added as we are able to staff with volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, contact Martin Rosas at firstname.lastname@example.org
MONETARY DONATIONS can be given to Houston Responds on their webpage by going here: https://www.houstonresponds.org/donate
Houston Responds has been building partnerships with organizations and congregations in the areas worst hit by Hurricane Laura. Based on their feedback, one of the initial needs we can help meet, in addition to financial donations, is basic supplies. Houston Responds is arranging for a central redistribution site in Houston from which supplies will be transported to Lake Charles.
MONETARY DONATIONS can also be sent to Care Help of Sulphur, Inc. Church Members Liz and Rick Skinner have family in this area who have highly recommended donations be sent directly to this organization to help those in Sulphur. You can give thru their Facebook page located here:
WHAT SUPPLY DONATIONS WE ARE COLLECTING. A list of supplies that our contacts in Lake Charles have confirmed will be needed and accepted can be found on our website.
VIEW SUPPLY LIST HERE and listed below.
WHERE TO DROP-OFF DONATIONS. We can collect donations at Cornerstone according to the schedule above or you can take donations directly to a drop-off site closest to your home. VIEW DROP-OFF SITES HERE.
LIST OF REQUESTED SUPPLIES:
As relief efforts shift from roofing to interior repairs and mold remediation, we have updated the list of needed supplies. Please share these changes with your congregation as you communicate the supply needs. (*Indicates newly added items)
• *MOLD REMEDIATION & REMOVAL – Safety Goggles, Duct Tape, Contractor Garbage Bags, Clorox Wipes, Nitrile Gloves, P-100 Respirators, and Disinfectant e.g. Fiberlock, Shockwave, or Concrobium
• *GIFT CARDS – Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart
• COVID-19 PROTECTION – Hand Sanitizer & Face Masks
• HOUSEHOLD SUPPLIES – Liquid Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Deodorant, Combs, Brushes, Adult Diapers, Household Cleaning Supplies, Infant Diapers, Baby Wipes, Paper Plates, Toilet paper, Paper Towels, Plastic Cups, Plastic Dining Utensils, First Aid Kits, Antibacterial Ointment, Waterproof Bandages, Mosquito Spray, 3’x3′ Cardboard Boxes or Plastic Tubs with Lids
• FOOD & DRINK – Non-Perishable Foods, Water or Beverages, Baby Food or Formula
PLEASE DO NOT SEND…Clothing, furniture, perishable food or anything requiring refrigeration.