COVID-19 (Corona Virus) UPDATES
We will be working with local Officials, Schools, News, & Health Organizations to keep this page updated as we continue to learn more.
LINKS TO LOCAL AFFILIATES WITH HELPFUL INFO
Bishop Jones reminds us that “Staying calm is on top of the list, and that now is the time to assess and prepare in case an outbreak occurs in the Texas Annual Conference.”
Bishop Scott Jones & Houston Methodist have created an FAQ about coronavirus.
“Remember to practice great hand hygiene, Also encourage your friends and family to follow the CDC’s prevention recommendations such as washing your hands, covering your cough or sneeze and avoiding touching your face.”
There are a number of precautions to take, including:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep a distance socially, especially if someone is sneezing and coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or even your elbow, when coughing or sneezing.
- Get care immediately if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing. Try calling ahead for an appointment to limit exposure to others.
- Stay informed. There are a number of reliable resources, including the WHO, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and Global Health Tracker.